Periodontal disease or gum disease is a bacterial infection that progresses with neglect over time. It afflicts the gums, bones, and supporting tissues of the teeth. While bacteria naturally inhabit our mouth, accumulation of certain bacteria forms plaque and tartar that covers the teeth and irritates the gums. If not treated in time this condition advances to bone and tissue damage and, finally, tooth loss.
To treat gum disease, you can seek professional treatment from a specialist in this field called a periodontist. If you are looking for an alternative to clinical treatment, you will find many gum disease herbal remedies that can help. Ask your dentist or a natural health care expert for advice on gum disease herbal remedies. You should continue with your regular dental visits to ensure successful treatment.
Here are some examples of gum disease herbal remedies:
1. Enhance your immune system by drinking tea made from Echinacea and Goldenseal. Steep for 5 minutes and allow the liquid to linger for a few seconds in your mouth before you swallow.
2. Reduce gum swelling by rinsing your mouth with myrrh, chamomile or sage tea. Chamomile is also a good anti-bacterial. You can also apply myrrh directly on mouth sores.
3. To get rid of bad breath, gargle with tea tree oil. Do not swallow. You can also put a few drops of it in your dental floss or toothbrush. You can also use peppermint tea as mouthwash.
4. For gum therapy, put a few drops of eucalyptus oil on your teeth and massage your gums. You can also use myrrh.
5. Relieve inflamed and bleeding gums by applying Aloe Vera gel to the irritated gums. Aloe Vera is a potent anti-bacterial known to accelerate healing of tissues.
Other herbs that make excellent gum disease herbal remedies are:
Neem – has anti-bacterial properties that prevent plaque.
Horsetail – rich in silicone that helps heal gum sores.
Burdock – has antibiotic properties to battle gum infection
Siberian ginseng – restores energy and fights stress to boost immune system
Be First to Comment