Shiatsu Massage Therapy is a finger-pressure technique that is developed in Japan. It is gaining much popularity in the holistic world.
Shiatsu Massage Therapy makes use of the traditional acupuncture points (Meridian points) of Oriental healing. The meridian network provides life giving and life-sustaining energy to every part of the human. It is this network that connects all the organs, tissues and cells in the body. This is in fact, the basis of understanding on how this form of massage therapy work.
By stimulating the meridian points on the exterior of the body, changes can be made internally. Similar to acupressure, shiatsu concentrates on unblocking the flow of life energy and restoring balance in the meridians and organs.
The Massage Therapist applies pressure with the finger, thumb, palm, elbow or knee to specific areas located along the energy meridians of the skin. Strokes used include tapping, squeezing, rubbing and applied pressure.
The many benefits of Shiatsu Massage Therapy include:
• Deep muscle and tissue relaxation thus relieving back and neck pain, whiplash injury, frozen shoulders, etc.
• Stress reduction and management thus reduces headaches and migranes, pre-menstrual syndrome.
• Releases toxins from the body thus enhances body’s natural detoxification process.
• Prevents diseases eg. gastrointenstinal disorders.
• Increased joint flexibility.
• Improved blood circulation.
• Lowered blood pressure.
• Reduced stress and calms the nervous system.
• Balance of “chi” or life energy .
Shiatsu Massage Therapy aims to help nature performs its work. Symptoms are not treated specifically. The goal is to help the whole body and all its body parts function smoothly and work together in a balanced manner, so as to promote self-healing.
Shiatsu Massage Therapy is safe, holistic and effective. It does not involve the use of drugs, medicines or invasive procedures. If you are experiencing some health problems, instead of seeing a doctor, you may wish to check out Shiatsu Massage Therapy as an alternative option.
Be First to Comment