Most of us who study Yoga have been taught that an abundance of Prana (vital air or vital energy), can be found at the ocean, lakes, large open fields, and in the mountains. Although the air is different, this same energy can be found where people assemble for a positive reason. For example: when people assemble to meditate or pray.
You can feel it in your home, at a church, mosque, temple, shrine, ashram, seminar, martial arts hall, etc. This is when people bond in a mass for the common good. The energy can be used to help humanity and our little planet for the best. You can project this energy outward by acts of kindness every moment of your life. This is not to say, you allow yourself to be abused. You can be kind to everyone who comes into your life, without becoming a “doormat.”
You have influence over a limited number of people who you see in a day. Why not make every contact a harmonious and positive experience?
Some examples would be:
- Stop making foul gestures, becoming angry, and swearing when another driver on the road has irritated you.
- Don’t take advantage of respect with anyone.
- Treat everyone as special – no matter what their economic status.
In regard to your next question: What is the mystery behind attracting positive energy?
To be honest, there isn’t one, but I will give you the formula.
Firstly, you have to realize that you have infinite potential, and it comes from within. You also have unlimited potential from the outside, when you engage in prayer, and meditation, on a daily basis. Prayer and meditation will positively charge you, and you will contribute to the benefit of others as a result of it.
In turn, all of this helping of others will result in finding people around you who are more than willing to give you a helping hand.
The following ideas will cultivate positive energy around you.
- Make it a point to wake up in the morning with excitement and say hello to everyone you come into contact with. This goes for the security guard, janitor, maid, garage attendant, cashier at the store, and anyone you may overlook in the course of your day.
- Stop criticizing your family members, co-workers, friends, and associates.
- Be diplomatic first, before giving any advice.
- Let your family know that you love them everyday.
- Be sincere and treat everyone as important.
- Take time to give to people. This doesn’t have to be expensive. You could give a sincere compliment, a card, a letter, or flowers. Become a trustworthy partner with family, friends, co-workers and associates.
- Set goals – whether they are tangible or not. It is a healthy practice to have goals at any age. The final results will be that your positive energy will attract positively charged personalities and successful people will seek you out. If this is a major change for you, it will not happen overnight.
Let me share a related Zulu saying: “Patience is an egg that hatches great birds.”
Why should you become an eternal optimist?
Every one of us has a choice. When you fall down, you must pick yourself up. You can’t blame life’s hurdles or obstacles – you have to find solutions to get over, around, under, or through them.
Focus on your past achievements and learn to be happy with yourself. Everyone has failed, at some point, but we must constructively learn from our past experience.
Your individual approach, to life’s daily obstacles, is the gateway to success or failure. Therefore, success is a matter of choice.
Building Positive Energy
In relation to what most of us see as possible – success is unlimited. When primal man first discovered fire, could he imagine the concept of a forge? When modern man discovered the forge, could he imagine sky scrappers?
To build positive energy for pursuit of common goals and success, you need a support group. Find and seek out like-minded people.