The best way to have healthy, glowing skin is to start from the inside out. Eliminating caffeine in the form of coffee and soda is one way to start. Caffeine dehydrates the body and skin. And lack of moisture is a sure way to create lines and wrinkles. It’s also a diuretic, causing increased urine output, again depleting your body and skin of the moisture it needs. We try to combat this with moisturizers, but the better way is to put the moisture INTO your body, not on it.
Drinking pure water, unprocessed fruit juices or coconut milk will give your body and skin the hydration it needs. The colors in fruit juices are the colors of the earth and these colors will reflect themselves in warm and healthy skin tones. Coconut milk has high levels of Vitamin C which helps maintain elasticity and flexibility of skin. It is also rich in copper, and prevents wrinkles, sagging skin and age spots.
Other juices and beverages for healthy, glowing skin:
- Carrot and beetroot juice. Beetroot is power-packed with essential nutrients including potassium, zinc, iron, folic acid, manganese and vitamin C, all of which are known to purify blood that further leads to a glowing skin. While carrot contains vitamin A that fights acne, wrinkles, pigmentation and uneven skin tone
- Cucumber juice. Cucumber has ascorbic acid and caffeic acid, which helps prevent water retention that makes your skin look swollen and puffy
- Fresh tomato juice. Tomato is packed full of concentrations of antioxidants that help in reducing the signs of premature ageing like wrinkles and fine lines, making your skin look fresher and youthful. Tomatoes help in shrinking your pores, removing tan and reducing sebum. D
- Pomegranate juice. Pomegranate has the ability to purify blood that further helps in nourishing your skin and making it glow. It also has anti-ageing properties that help in cell renewal that leads to young and beautiful skin
- Spinach juice. Spinach juice is known to be rich in iron and vitamin K that are essential for getting a flawless skin, while also containing vitamin C, E and manganese- which are antioxidants protecting your skin from damage causing free radicals
- Papaya juice. Papaya contains an enzyme known as papain, which works to help clear the skin impurities and reveals a clear and bright skin
- Aloe vera juice. It is rich in vitamins and minerals that help maintain the natural glow of your skin. It has hormones like auxin and gibberellins that are known to be skin healers.
- Ginger lemon juice.ginger is a rich source of potassium and niacin that are essential minerals for your body.
Try to lessen your caffeine intake. The overall effects of caffeine on your body will manifest themselves in your skin. Heavy caffeine drinkers can experience osteoporosis, headaches, depression, sleeplessness. These can all be reflected in your skin.
When you replace colas, coffee and teas made with boiling water with water, fruit juices “sun tea” and coconut milk, you’ll soon start to feel better and sleep better. Your skin will reflect the good health of all the organs and cells of your body, once you’ve kicked the caffeine habit.
Another reason for drinking pure water, juices and “sun tea” is that when you boil water, you’re releasing oxygen from it. When the body rids itself of toxins, it passes through the skin which is the largest elimination organ. Raw food increases your detoxification rate. Drinking water helps the body rid itself of toxins. Seaweed is high in vitamins and minerals beneficial to the skin and also helps rid the body of toxins.
To achieve a healthy complexion, drink plenty of water and eat plenty of raw food. What goes into your body is reflective in your overall appearance.
Be First to Comment