Autumn is here!
Leaves are changing colors, our days shorter while our nights longer and the temperature is slowly beginning to drop day by day. Crunchy leaves, pumpkin spice, cozy sweaters and let’s not forget the apple cider!
It’s a wonderful time of year!
One of my favorite things since I was child, is watching how beautiful nature is and the leaves changing colors. How vibrant the colors can be! Such a simple enjoyment to sit and watch the leaves bustle about in the breeze. Simple joys like this are great for the soul.
This autumn is different for a lot of us. We may not be able to do as much as we normally would but there are still plenty of things we can do and enjoy this beautiful time of year! There are still ways to enjoy the season, whether by yourself, with your spouse or friend, or with your children.
So what is there to do in the fall that you can do while being safe but having fun?
Here is a great list for you:
- Go apple-picking. Apple-picking is a great outdoor activity and a lovely way to spend a fall day.
- Jump in a pile of leaves. This is great for children and dogs- while also tidying up your yard! My dog personally loves jumping into a fresh pile of leaves!
- Get lost in a corn maze. This time of year, corn mazes are a hit! You can do this while still social distancing and enjoying the outdoors!
- Go pumpkin picking. You’ll never want to go to the supermarket for a pumpkin again!
- Carve your pumpkins. So you’ve picked your pumpkin, now have a blast making silly faces or bringing out your artistic side.
- Go for a walk in the forest. With the leaves changing, walks right now are ideal. Crisper weather so you won’t be too warm, beautiful leaves, what more could you need?
- Get crafty with your kids! Thanksgiving will be coming up soon and what better time than to start making fun crafts with your kids for the holiday!
- Crisp bonfire. Nights are colder now so it is a great time to bundle up in a sweater, put on some mellow tunes and relax in front of a nice bonfire.
- And so much more! Use your creative side-the sky is the limit!
Autumn only lasts a few months, enjoy and embrace it while you can before winter hits!
Stay safe and have fun!