Your eyes play a critical role in how you interact with the world around you. Even though we use them almost every moment of day-to-day life, we sometimes take our vision for granted. It is important to take care of our eyes, internally and externally. We can do many things for eye care, from proper diet to taking care of the skin around them.
Below are 10 tips to help you have healthy and beautiful looking eyes.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables like carrots, drumstick, spinach., papaya and mangoes. All these are rich in beta carotene which helps to have healthy eyes.
- Ensure adequate rest. Rest will refresh the eyes and help them work more efficiently.
- Exercise regularly to improve blood circulation. Only then your eyes are sure to receive enough oxygen for good performance.
- Drink at least 12 glasses of water to avoid any kind of puffiness in the eyes. Drinking lots of water helps to flush out waste from the body.
- Do not rub your eyes for any reason but instead just blink your eyelids. Blinking is a good massage and exercise to the eyes.
- Use a clean cotton ball dipped in milk to clean your eyes. Milk is a good and safe natural cleanser.
- Plan regular trips to the Optometrist. Eye exams are very important to ensure your eyes are healthy and no issues have emerged. Routine visits should be planned.
- Regularly apply oil mixed in glycerin to your eye lashes and eye brows to keep them dense and dark.
- Always use sunglasses during the peak day time to protect your eyes from sunrays. Direct sunrays cause heavy damage to eyes.
- Place a slice of potato or cucumber on both the eyes, after 10 minutes remove and wash the eyes This helps to avoid under eye wrinkles and dark circles around the eyes.