Do you have stress in your life?
I know you answered yes, we all have stress in our lives.
What is stress? It is a reaction to a physical, mental, or emotional stimulus that upsets the body’s natural balance. Stress is unavoidable, it can be positive or negative, it can be physical or psychological.
Stress can cause:
- Chronic head aches
- Changes in appetite
- Memory loss
- Low self esteem
- Cold hands
- High blood pressure
- Shallow breathing
- Nervous twitches
- Lowered sex drive
- Gastro-intestinal disorders and many more lifestyle diseases.
It is estimated that stress contributes to as much as 80% of all major illnesses.
Do you know that in order to have a vibrant healthy body you need to de-stress your life!
Some of the following are suggestions that have worked for many people.
- Identify the stresses
- Take a five minute break; sit back and take 100 slow deep breaths
- Keep a gratitude journal, count your blessings (accent the positive)
- Start an exercise program
- Turn off the T.V. and play soothing music
- Give yourself a day off, on that day pamper yourself ,sleep in, turn off the phones, watch a good movie, connect with a friend, give yourself a face message, have a relaxing bath, buy yourself flowers, go for a walk.
- Give yourself permission to worry, but only once a day for 30 minutes
- Eat a healthy diet, drink 8 to 10 glasses of water a day, eat 8 to 10 servings of fresh fruit and vegetables each day, avoid artificial sweeteners, carbonated drinks, fried food, junk food and sugar.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco and mood altering drugs
- Get 8 to 9 hours of sleep a night
- Listen to your inner voice. Is it talking negative?
- Avoid or eliminate as many hassles from your life as possible
- Learn to laugh
- Live in the present, enjoy each day
- Research the herb “Valerian”. This herb is used to sooth, relax and heal the nerves. You might find this helpful while you make changes in your life style.
- Seek professional help if these changes haven’t improved your life
I know you have probably heard this before, but you can make small changes in your life. Some of the changes I listed on de-stressing your life will make a huge difference in your physical and emotional health.
Only you can change your life style, cut the stress in your life and have a vibrant healthy body.