During the colder months as we sneak into Autumn and soon winter – it is not unusual to catch the common cold. This can be cause by exposing yourself to the cold weather or someone sick; it is usually a person with the flu themselves.
Although, most of us are familiar with the flu and expect it to wear out within a couple of days, it can still cause a great amount of distress.
But, you do not have to worry since there are many home remedies that can help you get rid and relieve the symptoms of the common cold.
- Take vitamin c tablets. They are good to help boost your immune system.
- Pour lemon juice and honey in to a small cup. Mix it up together. Take various tablespoons of the remedy through out your day. Repeat this process on a daily basis until you feel better.
- Prepare your favorite tea but replace the sugar with honey.
- Prepare a lemon tea by boiling half of the lemon in to two cups of water. Once the tea is prepared, sweetened with either sugar or honey.
- Cook your favorite soup but make sure you add garlic to help fight the microbes. Chicken soup will help ease the symptoms and relieve stuffiness.
- Drink lots of fluids. This helps loosen the phlegm.
- The Zinc vitamin can help boost your immune system.
- Take hot showers to alleviate stuffiness.
- Take over the counter drugs (speak to a doctor or pharmacist first)
- Rest. Your body needs rest to heal.
Over the counter medicine should only be use by adults. For children buy drugs appropriate for their age.
If the cold persists more than several days 3-10 then it would be advisable to consult a physician.
Honey is harmful for babies under one year old.
It is advisable to take home remedies at the first sign of the flu. You will get well a lot sooner.