The world is fascinated with weight loss, some for health reasons and others for cosmetic. No matter the reason, many people try harsh diets that never work, extreme exercise regimens that result in injuries or other weight loss program that end without success. The reason that none of these weight loss methods seem to work is because in order to stay with a program, you have to enjoy it. Not only that, but it has to be safe as well. Whatever reason you want to lose weight, there are some simply steps to follow.
Below are 10 genuine tips to weight loss, which almost anyone can do without tossing out their favorite food or spending every spare minute in the gym. Realistically, any weight loss program will take time. If anyone promises you different, they are either not being completely honest or are simply uninformed.
Weight loss doesn’t have to mean doing crazy diets, most of the time it is just everyday strategies and adjustments we can make.
1. Walking. If you can set aside 30 minutes every day to enjoy a leisurely stroll, you will be strengthening your legs and your heart while burning some calories in the process.
2. Use a mini cycle. These portable little exercise units offer the look of bicycle pedals set up on a metal bar, but without the high price or weight of a standard exercise bike. With a min cycle, you can pedal at your desk, on the couch or anywhere else that you can comfortably set and reach the pedals.
3. Set a goal and daily plan. Laying out in detail what you want to accomplish will help you visualize what you are working for. Whether it is to fit into your wedding dress, shed that pesky 10lbs from the winter, or just to feel better about yourself- set a personal goal and plan to help motivate and guide you.
4. Watch your food intake. You don’t necessarily have to cut out all of your favorite foods, but you should eat them in moderation. There is no single food that will completely hinder your weight loss attempt but, if consumed excessively, it may. For instance, simply limit your intake to one candy bar or, if you are being really careful, a miniature candy. There is no reason to cut out your favorite food when a conservative amount of the things we love can still have a place in our lives, including during the times that we are focusing on weight loss.
5. Set time aside to exercise. Whatever your exercise routine, set aside a certain time each day to do it. Individuals who set a routine are much more likely to stay with it and find success than those who simply exercise whenever they have time. The goal to successful weight loss is to make time. And make the exercise fun. Dance, jump or even skip rope- anything that gets the heart pumping!
6. Avoid sugary drinks and fruit juice. Yes they taste great- but they are jammed full of sugar and lacking in nutrition. Find something else satisfying to drink to curve the cravings. Even making a smoothie getting your fruits in- sugar in a better way
7. Do not starve yourself! Allow yourself to indulge every now and then without worrying about it. Eating properly is still crucial to weight loss, but abstinent of certain things will just make you go crazy!
8. Don’t eat before bed. Midnight snacking is such an urge, but eating before bed impedes with the bodies natural digestive system and slows things down.
9. Eat slowly. Eating quickly can lead to weight gain over time, while eating slowly makes you feel more full and boosts weight-reducing hormones
10. Get good quality sleep. Sleep is important for many reasons, and poor sleep is one of the biggest risk factors for weight gain
Make weight loss fun and enjoyable and it will be easier for you!