Your liver is one of the largest organs in your body. It helps remove waste and handles various nutrients and medicines. Many people will do a liver cleanse to rejuvenate their live and to remove toxins after they drink too much alcohol or eat unhealthy foods or to just rid their body of any toxins that may have build up.
Here is a herbal formulation for the liver provided by Brigitte Mars (herbalist in Colorado) called “Puri-Tea” which consist of:
- Peppermint, red clover, fennel, licorice
- Cleavers, dandelion, oregon grape root, burdock root
- Butternut bark, chickweed, parsley root, nettles.
Another liver herbal tea is:
- Fennel Seed (1 part), Fenugreek (1 part)
- Flax Seed (1 part), Licorice Root (1/4 part)
- Burdock (1/4 part), Peppermint (1 part).
Here’s another herbal combination that is good for detoxifying and cleansing the liver:
- Yellow Dock root, Dandelion root, Licorice root
- Red sage, Sarsaparilla, Hyssop
- Pau de Arco, Milk Thistle Seed, Parsley leaf.
Here’s something else you can do for you liver. Buy an extract of Milk Thistle Seed. Then when you make the liver tea’s list here, add 2-3 full droppers of the Milk Thistle Seed extract to the tea.
Here are the effects of some of the herbs listed above.
- fennel seed – white cell formation, acid/alkaline balancing
- peppermint – body cleanser and toner
- red clover – blood purifier
- licorice – adrenal stimulation
- cleavers – anti-infection
- dandelion – cleansing and strengthening
- oregon grape root – cleansing, building
- burdock root – purifying
- nettles – rich in minerals
- chickweed –
- fenugreek – helps to eliminate toxins and mucus
- yellow dock root – cleansing, white cell formation
- pau de arco – cleansing, white cell formation
- milk thistle seed – cleansing, building
- Weight Loss. Your liver produces bile, which the digestive systems use to break down fat. …
- Immune System Support. Since the liver reduces toxins, among other things, it makes sense that a healthy liver is crucial to a strong immune system.
- Discourages liver stones
- Boosts energy
- Increases vitality
- Overall toxin cleanse
There are many liver detox options available. Doing research on teas, herbs and other supplements will be a good way to see what option may be best for you and your liver.
Be First to Comment