Christmas is fast approaching, which means delicious treats will be on the way.
And although they are super tasty, they may not be the healthiest.
But what about a delicious and healthy holiday dessert?
You don’t need to skimp out on the taste to have a healthy dessert.
Try this Gluten & Keto Friendly Pumpkin Pie.
Your taste buds and waistline will love you!
Here is what you will need:
- 1 Almond Flour Pie Crust
- 2/3 -1 cup golden erythritol xylitol
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch ground cloves
- dash black pepper freshly ground
- 3 eggs
- 425 g pumpkin puree (1 15-ounce can)
- 1 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Now – let’s get started on the pie!
- First – lightly butter a 9 inch pie pan. Roll out pie crust into a roughly 13-inch circle, between two sheets of parchment paper. Feel free to lightly dust with coconut flour as needed. Transfer to the pan, using the parchment paper as an aid. Crimp the edges (or simply trim). Refrigerate and preheat oven to 400°F/200°C while you make the filling.
- Then mix together in a small bowl the sweetener, salt and spices. Set aside.
- Lightly beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add in the pumpkin puree, heavy cream, vanilla extract and continue to beat until thoroughly incorporated. Beat in the sweetener and spices mix.
- Place the refrigerated pie pan on a baking tray and cover the edges with aluminum foil (to prevent over browning). Pour in the pumpkin filling and bake for 50-65 minutes, uncovering the edges around minute 40. A few things to note: the filling didn’t begin to rise for me until about minute 35, and with sugar alcohols the pie will appear to still not be set even after 60 minutes. Having said that, a toothpick inserted 2-inches from the edges should come out barely moist, and the center should still be jiggly.
- Allow the pie to cool completely at room temperature, as it will continue to cook and set while cooling. I also always like my pumpkin pie best after a couple hours in the fridge.
- Add some whip topping if you want to indulge a bit more and even add some more cinnamon right on top!
- And most importantly – ENJOY!
Be First to Comment