Are you thinking of considering a detox diet? You probably are wondering about what foods to eat and what are not allowed. Or, you may be looking for certain recipes for detox diet. Well, if the name “detox” really appeals to you, then it would be best if you’ll try to consult with your doctor first to determine if detox diet is good or bad for you.
However, if the result of the test yields that you are capable enough to undergo detoxification, I bet it would be best if you know certain recipes for detox diet. Yes, recipes for detox diets are available these days. You can find it either offline or online through a number of resources out there like recipe books, and of course, the internet.
- Artichokes – There are few foods as friendly to your liver as artichokes. Artichokes offer up a powerful dose of silymarin, a powerful antioxidant, and cynarin, a fat-fighting acid, which enable the liver to process and eliminate toxins.
- Ginger – This versatile root is tops at boosting your body’s metabolism and helping to flush out waste products. Plus, recent studies suggest that ginger can help to keep your appetite in check.
- Avocados – Not only are avocados delicious, but they offer up an extra large heaping of fiber, which is excellent for keeping your digestion flowing and for cleansing the colon. Here are more reasons to incorporate avocados to your detox plan!
- Beets – Beets might just be the world’s greatest gift to detox. They’re loaded with toxin-flushing vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, zinc, iron, and calcium. Not the biggest fan of beets? Try our amazing Mediterranean Smoothie!
- Pineapple – Nothing says summer quite like a juicy pineapple, and it turns out that this deliciously sweet fruit can help you eliminate toxins, too! Pineapple is chock-full of bromelain, a powerful digestive enzyme that works to cleanse the colon and rid the body of harmful bacteria. Discover more information on the benefits of pineapple.
- Apples – An apple a day might keep more than just the doctor away! Apples are loaded with the essential vitamins you need to keep your body running strong. They also offer up a hefty dose of pectin, a soluble fiber that helps to remove food additives and metals from your system. Learn about more reasons to eat apples on a daily basis.
- Cinnamon – You probably don’t need much convincing to add more cinnamon to your diet. This sweet spice is not only one of everyone’s favorite add-ins, but it is also loaded with iron, calcium, and manganese, which are fabulous at helping your body to process fatty acids and keep blood sugar in check.
If you will consider the internet as your primary tool for finding recipes for detox diet, then you will be making a great decision. There are a lot of sites out there featuring a number of detox diet recipes for the dieters to consider, after all.
But help you make your search as easy as possible, I have mentioned below a few recipes for detox diet.
Lemon Ginger Detox Lemonade
2 powerhouse ingredients pair up in this delicious drink to detoxify and refresh your body – the natural way!
- 12 ounces water at room temperature
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 inch knob of ginger root grated
Golden Milk Turmeric Tea
This lightly spiced drink has an earthy, peppery base note thanks to a healthy dose of fresh turmeric. A touch of honey adds just the right amount of sweetness, while the ginger and black pepper add a little heat.
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk, preferably coconut milk beverage or almond milk
- 1 (3-inch) cinnamon stick
- 1 (1-inch) piece turmeric, unpeeled, thinly sliced, or 1/2 teaspoon dried turmeric
- 1 (1/2-inch) piece ginger, unpeeled, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon virgin coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- Ground cinnamon (for serving)
Whisk coconut milk, cinnamon, turmeric, ginger, honey, coconut oil, peppercorns, and 1 cup water in a small saucepan; bring to a low boil. Reduce heat and simmer until flavors have melded, about 10 minutes. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into mugs and top with a dash of cinnamon.
Golden milk can be made 5 days ahead. Store in an airtight container and chill. Warm before serving.
Gazpacho Soup Recipe
Gazpacho, as you may know, is a Spanish dish. It is composed mainly of fresh veggies and is deemed perfect for summer.
- Medium diced 2 cups of red bell pepper
- 2 cups of red onions
- 3 cups tomatoes (seeded, diced)
- ½ cup celery
- 2 cups of cucumber
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- ¼ cup of red wine vinegar
- 2 cups of organic veggie juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch of cayenne.
Put the diced tomato, red onions, peppers, cucumber, and celery in a medium bowl altogether, and mix. Divide the blend in half and put the other half in a separate bowl. Add the garlic to one of the bowls and put into blender, then add the vinegar and pulp until the blend becomes smooth. Add the veggie juice, as well as the cumin and cayenne to the blender and blend. Put the puree to the diced veggies, and refrigerate overnight. For best result, add the lemon and cilantro.
Roasted Cauliflower Recipe
- 2 bunch of cauliflower (cut into florets)
- Sea salt to taste
- ¼ cup of extra virgin olive oil.
Set the oven to 400 degrees and preheat. Put the cut cauliflower, salt and olive oil in a large bowl and toss. Place in a large pan and roast for 30 minutes. Serve.
The above mentioned recipes for detox diet are deemed healthy for the dieters. They also help your system to flush out toxins.
Note that detox is not appropriate for everyone, especially the teens, pregnant, nursing mothers, and those who are affected by certain serious medical conditions like diabetes, cancer and arthritis.