Are you staying in this new years? Looking for some new recipe ideas to ring in the new year with a delicious bang?
Many people choose to stay in new years – wine, dine and ring in the new year from the comfort of their own home. And a great way to do this, is with a plethora of yummy appetizers.
One of my favorite’s for this very occasion – a hot and zesty taco dip!
This dip comes with layers of refried beans, taco meat, tomatoes, jalapeños, black olives, and lots of Monterey Jack and Cheddar Cheese. It is the perfect appetizer for any occasion really!!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 16 ounce can refried beans
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced jalapenos
- 1 cup black olive slices
- 2 cups 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese and Monterey Jack cheese
- Decoration: 30-40 black olive slices, optional
- Optional: Spices to really give it more of a kick or even a dash of lime
Making The Dip
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef and cook until browned; drain.
- Add taco seasoning and water and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Spread refried beans into bottom of a round or rectangle baking dish.
- Spread the taco meat over the layer of refried beans.
- Sprinkle on diced tomatoes, diced jalapenos, and chopped olives.
- Top with shredded cheeses- (you can add as much or as little as you want – and use a plethora of different cheeses if you want – the sky is the limit!
- You can sprinkle on more tomatoes, jalapeños, and black olives before you pop the taco dip in a 350° F oven, or you can heat the dip for 10 minutes then add them before heating the dip for another 15 minutes.
- You can prepare this dip several hours before your party, cover the dish with plastic wrap or tin foil, and refrigerate.
- Then before your guests arrive, uncover the dip and bake it at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-35 minutes until the cheese is completely melted and the dip is heated through.
- Serve with pita bread, pita chips, tortilla chips – or even a nice bread!
- You can also add some sides of salsa, sour cream or guacamole.