When it comes to building healthy habits, small decisions add up over time. Incorporating basic health habits into your routine will help you get control of your healthy and get on track for a prosperous and healthy life.
And don’t worry- these basic tips are pretty easy!!
1. Three prudent meals a day at regular times and only one or two small non-sugary snacks. We need our proper nutrition, try not to skip any meals!
2. Eat Breakfast everyday. The first meal of the day gives us the fuel we need to conquer the day ahead!
3. Get enough sleep (about 7 hours a night). Proper rest is crucial for our physical and mental health.
4. Never smoke and if you do try to stop. Smoking is just overall bad for us, lungs, heart and well, pretty much everything in our bodies.
5. Use alcohol only in moderation. A lot of alcohol can be harmful. Try to stick to one glass a day if you feel the urge to drink. Maybe a glass of wine with dinner.
6. Maintain a reasonable & healthy body weight. Being overweight can lead to many health issues, heart disease, diabetes etc.
7. Exercise regularly, at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise on most days. This will keep your blood pumping and heart rate up.
8. Use a daily multi-vitamin. Not everyone can get the nutrients they need from their diet so a multi vitamin will ensure you are getting what you need.
9. Build your spirituality. (i.e. Pray & meditate each day.) This will help build you up mentally and give you motivation. You do not have to be religious for this. Just a simple 10 mins of silence and reflection a day is great!
10. Maintain healthy relationships & social involvements. It’s no secret that toxic people and toxic environments drain us. Surround yourself with happiness and positivity.
Check off the things you are currently doing and congratulate yourself! Then look at the things you’re not and pick one and work on it.
When this has become a regular part of your lifestyle take on another!